Friday, July 24, 2015

So I Made Jimami Dofu (Peanut Tofu)

Soooo creamy and delicious. Im hooked! If you love Peanut Sauce, you will love this.

So I Made Jimami Dofu (Peanut Tofu)

FIRST: This is NOT MY RECIPE OR IDEA!

So I heard that you can make Tofu out of Peanuts, all my attempts at getting the Peanut Milk to coagulate failed though (Ill keep trying) but I also recently saw a video of people eating something called JIMAMI DOFU on YouTube, and it looked delicious so I looked up a recipe and made some last night.

JIMAMI DOFU, is apparently an Okinawan specialty and it isnt made by coagulation. It is made by using a starch to thicken the PEANUT MILK and then chilling it to form a solid...Like a puddng. So essentially Jimami Dofu is peanut butter pudding served with ginger and a sweetened soy sauce...

I used this recipe, but put a little sugar in the sauce and grate the ginger over top:


0 comments: