Monday, December 07, 2015

Paneer That Doesnt Fall Apart...

Like store bought, but home made.



Paneer That Doesnt Fall Apart...

Everyone has their own recipe for the beloved Indian dish of Palak Paneer, And everyone who loves Palak Paneer or any other Paneer dishes usually makes their own Paneer.
I do. I am not however going to give you any recipes, but this is a methode.

My issue in making Paneer myself is it falls apart, I cannot weigh it down enough to be dense, or use it for grating. So I was cleaning and came across my old Japanese pickle press.

A basic Paneer recipe is as follows

1/2 gallon of whole milk
3 T fresh lemon juice

So to make dense, no fall apart Paneer
Bring the milk to a boil, add the lemon juice  and stir till you see the curds separating from the whey.
Pour it thru a mesh produce bag or cheesecloth set inside a strainer until it looks lie the below


Then pick up the bag and place it in the bottom of the pickle press and place several wads of paper towels on top, close the lid and screw the plunger down as far as it will go,

  
Let it sit for about 1 hour then use or transfer to a plastic bag and place in the fridge


Enjoy!

0 comments: