Friday, September 13, 2013

Apple Cheese Crisp Pie



I missed Roy Rogers Restaurants "Apple Cheese Crisp" so I created this pie to remember the warm sweet appley flavor with the gooey cheddar of that treat. I hope you enjoy it.


Apple Cheese Crisp Pie

Crust

1 cup flour
1 stick butter

Cut the butter into the flour with a for or pastry blender until its pebble like,  then with your hands lightly knead it together until you can press it into a pie plate and form a crust and a lip of the plate.
Set aside
(this is my go to quick crust)


6-8 cored, peeled chopped apples
3 T Wondra Flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
Healthy dash cinnamon
1 T Lemon Juice (optional, I never use it but some people like to add it for apples to prevent browning, I dont care)

Mix all together and pour into the crust. 

2 cups flour
2/3 cup light brown sugar 
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted

Pulse the above in a food processor then fold in 

1 cup Rough chopped sharp cheddar (from the block only, not pre shredded, it never melts)

Strew this mixture over the apples and bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 -40 mins until brown and bubbly

Serve very warm.

0 comments: