Tuesday, April 03, 2018

2017 Home Remodel


So I had stopped blogging new recipes for awhile cause last March (2017) I was on a huge home remodeling tear, I pulled up all carpets and then got to painting etc. I was full of energy, zipping thru projects..New Garage Doors, new furniture, new oven... everything Well, at the last 2 days of July, I needed to do my Family Room in only 2 days. JUST 2 days! Well I overdid it and suffered some sort of internal bio chemical shift and have been thrown on my ass, since.
I literally have ZERO energy
I have no "good" days.
I was even in the midst of fixing my car too.
So I figured Id make a blog post about my remodelling


FAMILY ROOM


^^^ Bare red brick wall in family room The way it was in 2000

The following is what I did in 2 days

Day number 1

Disassemble the two 12 piece sectional couches and move them and the 5 ottomans and all the storage boxes and the coffee table to the living and dining room

Prior to this starting I had the Tv hung on the wall, and installed a floating shelf for the cable box and I installed a 9 piece aluminum art work on the wall (From Amazon)


Cut carpet and padding into strips and haul it to the curb

Cover areas with plastic tarp and remove tile (not shown) place tile in construction bags and haul to curb and then vacuum entire room.

 Day 2

Remove tarps, remove any nails and tackstrips in floor, caulk any place that needs it, remove radiator fronts and paint them, place deluxe floating floor underlayment and then lay all new vinyl floating floor tiles


Reinstall radiator fronts, put new grey rug in room, and then reassemble the two couches and move everything back in. Snap pics and take a much deserved nap.





Family Room after remodel and seeing the beautiful kitchen

I bought the sectional couches at Home Reserve, 100% made in USA. They came in 13 boxes and I put them together.







Other things I did before my 2 day Family Room Remodel


FOYER

 Foyer after fugly linoleum removal and cleaning. Why cover up hardwoods with plywood and linoleum?


KITCHEN

Before and after of my dreary dark brown kitchen, now all bright and shiny and cobalt blue and white. The original stove was mustard colored and hot wired and dangerous

It was a complete wonderful surprise when my new stove came with a blue interior to match my hand painted cabinets (Rustoleum Cabinet Kit--Home Depot)




^^I moved the liquor cabinet to the dining room and replaced it with my spice chest and index.



DINING ROOM

Removed all carpet and wallpaper, painted the radiators and walls, put down new rug.

Bought cabinet at thrift store for $5, painted it, bought new table and chairs from Amazon, light fixture from Ikea, And added 3D butterflies on wall.


PATIO

Newly power washed and caulked and painted patio, and Aldi Pergola installed




^Remove fabric top, and add lights when fall comes


LIVING ROOM

I wish I had a before, to the living room but I dont, I only have a during and after application of the 8 panel mural.I removed all carpeting. I decided to swap out the grey rug for 2 brown rugs, the grey looked wrong

The sofabed in the living room that matches the mural, window treatment and brown accent rug

Mostly finished, I converted a Thomas the Tank table into a coffee table and bought new plant stand and side tables and fog light

^^The lamps were 2 bucks from thrift store,shades from Ikea. Tchochkis from Dollar General. Vacuum from Aldi

FAMILY ROOM BATHROOM
Toilet had been inoperable for years cause my ex cracked it during installation and the fresh water tank was slowly leaking into family room

My sewer main had to be replaced in 2014, so the floor was dug up.



Installed vinyl flooring in bathroom, painted radiators and walls

GOLD medicine cabinet frame! UGH!

Preparing space for new toilet

View from outside


Painted frame silver, but I am changing that soon, to match the vase below. Bubble stickers.

Family Room Bathroom, New Flooring Painted Radiators, New Toilet. Old Oak Island map (given to me by ex boyfriend)


0 comments: