Friday, December 07, 2012

White Christmas



Traditional Australian White Christmas


I was told about this by my chat friend Kitty Kats and went to look for a recipe to make it. When I first saw the squares on other peoples websites I was struck at how pretty it was and set out to make my own
I purchased the Aussie Copha block (hard coconut oil block) and made some myself...

Not only is it pretty, its delicious...It doesnt taste like USA Fruitcake even though it looks like it.

Make some for yourself!

I followed this recipe 
White Christmas
(PLEASE NOT THAT THE "CUP" MEASUREMENTS ARE IN AUSTRALIAN "CUPS" NOT USA CUPS. USE THE GRAMS FOR ACCURACY)

This is Copha
 
This is what it looks like unwrapped



You can buy it on Amazon and if you dont wanna do that then go to Walmart and buy this


You want this type of milk powder (you can buy it at Mexican stores)


I made two variations on White Christmas


Top: Thai Christmas
Bottom: Hawaiian Christmas



I made the Thai with Louana, Milk Powder, Rice Crispies, Coconut, Sugar, Trader Joes Candied Ginger and Thai Cashews

The Hawaiian was made with Louana, Milk Powder, Sugar, Rice Crispies, Coconut, Dried Pineapple and Macadamia Nuts


Make your own kinds of White Christmases, Just use the main recipe of the Copha/Louana, Rice Crispies/Bubbles, Sugar, Milk Powder and Coconut and add 380 grams of your choice of fruit and nuts etc...

Go Wild

and Merry Christmas!

0 comments: