Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Fish Fry Seasoning Flour

 
 

 Crispy, Perfectly Seasoned and Delicious
Fish Fry Seasoning Flour
 
This replaces the discontinued Shake N Bake Fish. It makes great fish sticks
 
 
1 Value Sized Box, Chicken Shake N Bake (4 envelopes)
1 cup Flour
3 T Spice Supreme Fish Seasoning

Mix it thoroughly.

I have figured out the best way to make fried fish (or Chicken)

Lets discuss the deep fryer

I use a Japanese Deep Fry Pot, like is shown here



It has curved sides to prevent splashing of oil, an attached lid to contain wet food sputters, a thermometer and the underside of the lid is a place to put food to drain oil.

Buy one here Japanese Deep Fryer 

 Next, lets discuss your dredging station

 I bought a stainless steel Japanese dredging station (here) I only used 2 of the 3 trays.

Lets discuss what I have in the trays.

This is the controversial part

On the left I have a plain flour and water slurry and on the right I have the Fish Fry Flour

This is the gamechanger. 

Forget the old ways of dredging first in flour, then egg, then seasoned flour.

The flour/water slurry adheres better and keeps the seasoned flour on the food better.

You can still marinate in things, but drop the first flour and egg step

So what I did was thaw a package of Aldi Frozen Flounder, and dredge my way.

Bring the oil up to 300, turn heat to medium and fry till they are golden.

DONE!

 Enjoy

0 comments: