Sunday, July 03, 2016

Non Food Yummies #2 Algemarin Bath Foam & Secret Garage Hot Tub

Non Food Yummies #2 Algemarin Bath Foam & Secret Garage Hot Tub


In the 1990's, I lived near an old timey Pharmacy. In the toiletries section there was all the typical old timey things, Emeraude, Jean Nate, Witch Hazel etc etc etc.
But then there was THIS, Algemarin, bath foam.
The older white bottle doesnt seem like much would be in it, but when I picked it up at the store and opened it up for a sniff, I was enthralled by the scent of the sea, and the dark blue color of the liquid.
I would buy it all the time, it was my Calgon Moment!
The scent is fantastic.
It just pampers you like nothing else.
Its a German Import.
It has many beneficial ingredients from the sea
The blue bottle is the new design.

I thought Id tell you about Algemarin in a fun yummy way

Secret Garage Hot Tub



I recently cleaned out and organized my Garage, and after re-discovering my love of Algemarin Bathfoam, I hated the fact that I had a regular old bathtub and longed for a clawfoot tub, where my achy shoulders from the gym, could be completely submerged in the tub and my legs too.
So I had a Thrift Store bathtub attachment, A "Regina HomeSpa" ( I had picked up at the Thrift Store for 10 bucks!!) and I thought,
"HHHHHMMMM  I have a clean garage, I have a bathtub bubbler attachment, If I bought a cheap inflatable baby pool and combined the pool, the bubbler and the Algemarin, I could fill that pool up with hot water in my private garage and relax in a private "hot tub" in my birthday suit!"

HOW YUMMY!

So these are the ingredients.

Algemarin
A Plastic Tarp
Any Inflatable Baby Pool whose sides are 24" to 30" high
A cheap-o Bath Spa Attachment
A hose to reach from the nearest hot water spigot to the "tub"

Sweep your garage thoroughly to eliminate any sharp bits
Lay down the tarp on the floor.
Inflate the baby pool
Place the Bath Spa of your choice
Attach a clean garden hose to the hot water spigot of your laundry room sink
(THE BEST WAY TO GET THE HOTTEST WATER IN YOUR TUB IS TO RUN A LOAD OF DISHES AND A LOAD OF HOT LAUNDRY AN HOUR PRIOR TO FILLING YOUR "HOT TUB")
Fill the pool tub and add ALGEMARIN.
Add some mood lighting, a mesh cover, some wine maybe.
Switch on the bath spa and get in.

ENJOY.


You can also do this in your basement if you have an open sump to drain it into.

If you want it HOTTER, use one of these in a bucket drilled full of holes


0 comments: