Friday, February 03, 2017

Bergamot Peel

Bergamot peel drying in my $19.99 Aldi Dehydrator 
Bergamot Peel

Bergamots whole and cut

So if you have been following my blog long enough, you know I have an extensive list of spices. You can see the list here:

I have at least 4 empty, but labeled bottles/jars in there awaiting the day I could fill them with the spice they were intended for.

This past week the empty BERGAMOT jar gets filled! 

I ordered a full case of Bergamots 6 months ago (the season is short) and finally they came.

This am I washed them in Fit Produce wash and sat on the floor over a clean towel and peeled all of them.

Then threw the fruit away



Sad, but the only reason you buy Bergamots is for the peels.
The reason Bergamots and Peel are so hard to get is because the commercial beer and tea companies buy them all for use in EARL GREY tea and Beer flavorings.

So I had 4+ cups of Bergamot peel and I pulled out my brand new Aldi Ambiano brand food dehydrator that I bought for $19.99 months ago and dehydrated them all.
It made my house smell lovely.



The finished product.

It took me 4 hours to dry them.

Now Im ready to make some Beer or Earl Grey Tea...or something...lol

0 comments: