Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Method: Copycat Tyson Crispy Fried Chicken Strips

 



Method: Copycat Tyson Crispy Fried Chicken Strips

I have figured out the best way to make fried chicken or fish (or Chicken Fried Steak even)

Lets discuss the deep fryer

I use a Japanese Deep Fry Pot, like is shown here



It has curved sides to prevent splashing of oil, an attached lid to contain wet food sputters, a thermometer and the underside of the lid is a place to put food to drain oil.

Buy one here Japanese Deep Fryer 

 Next, lets discuss your dredging station

 I bought a stainless steel Japanese dredging station (here) I only used 2 of the 3 trays.

Lets discuss what I have in the trays.

This is the controversial part

On the left I have a plain flour and water slurry and on the right I have My Chicken Fry Flour 

This is the gamechanger. 

Forget the old ways of dredging first in flour, then egg, then seasoned flour.

The flour/water slurry adheres better and keeps the seasoned flour on the food better.

You can still marinate in buttermilk or brine it, but drop the first flour and egg step

So what I did was slice 2 Aldi (Tyson) chicken breasts and dredge my way.

Bring the oil up to 300, turn heat to medium and fry till they are golden (5-6 mins) , then put the heat back to high and the temp to 350+ and refry for 3 mins then take out.

DONE!

 Enjoy

0 comments: