Sunday, January 06, 2019

Retro Recipe Redo #16 Stella Doro Dietetic Egg Biscuits

Retro Recipe Redo #16 Stella Doro Dietetic Egg Biscuits


I used to love these as a kid, even though they were bone dry and hard and when you put em in milk or water they became springy like a dense sponge cake
 One day they disappeared from the store shelves and I never saw them again.
Recently I Googled and found that they were probably an Italian pastry called Taralli all'Uovo

And I see this


So I reduced the recipe by 4ths and made it, but I rolled out the dough very thickly and cut the dough with this cutter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9NT8J2/

And used a shotglass for the middle hole and a toothpick to make the tiny holes , sliced them in the inner ring and outter and cooked them like Nonna said and they are damn near identical to the Stella Doro ones.
The Stella Doro ones had no sugar coating, So I omitted that part.

So I tested it, you can replicate them now...

Go try it!

0 comments: